Calendar of Events 2014
Please Note: To offer help please call Clyde DeWitt (304-874-4291) or email Mark Jones (see Contact page) if you can spare us your
time and talents.
Without new help, all our
events & programs will suffer.
Saturday, April,19, 2014 The Colonial Feast
- 5:30-6:30, doors open, set-up, prepare etc. Dinner: 6:30-8:00 pm
- At the Capon Bridge (Ruritan) Community Center, US Rt. 50 at Cold Stream Rd. See map below.
- Admission: Nominal $5 fee to cover costs of drinks/utensils/plates/cups plus bring a dish that might have been enjoyed by our Colonial-era (F&I War period, i.e., ~1750s) settlers. Bring one or more dishes of the following: meat (incl game, stews, fish, chowders, etc.), vegetables, desserts and/or breads. Coffee, cider and water provided. Bring enough of your dish(es) to serve four.
- Norman Baker, author and historian of regional events, will give a presentation after dinner and sell/sign his books including the newest one on Braddock's Road. He might be speaking as early as 7:15 p.m.
- A half-and-half drawing will be held; tickets $1.00 (no limit)
- A Silent Auction will be in effect throughout; bids resolved evening's end (To donate suitable items for the auction if you cannot attend, please contact Julia or Bob Flanagan (304) 856-3866 to arrange to pass the items to Fort Edwards.)
- The wearing of period clothing is a fun attribute of the feast and encouraged; not mandatory for attendance.
View Larger Map
Season opening on June 28th - Hampshire Family Frontier Day
Our 2014 Calendar is not yet finalized. Keep checking back for updates!
- Maryland Forces will display soldier's skills and customs
- Blacksmith skills will be displayed
- Reenactor Bill Hunt will protray period personality
- Melanie Desmond, the 'linen lady,' will be on hand; several fabric creators will display goods.
- Many other features of the day for your enjoyment
- Opening Day for the Fort Edwards Visitor Center
Note: The Visitor Center may
be open for the School Tour Program in Sept., Oct., April and May, but this
is by pre-registration only. Call Robert Flanagan for information on
the program (304)856-3866. School tours may be scheduled in the winter
months, but those tours are limited to a mazimum of 30
full menu at top left